E: email@example.com T: 855-SPARK-00
The iPad 2 - Coming Next Week!
Apple announced that the wait for the iPad 2 will be over next week. At an event in San Francisco today, Apple shared that the new iPad will go on sale next Friday, March 11 and the price for the base model (16 GB with Wi-Fi) starts at $499. The 16 GB Wi-Fi + 3G version is $629. And, the iPad 2 will be available in 2 colors – black or white.
Key features of iPad 2 include:
- A new processor makes the iPad 2 up to 9 times faster than the original, and a new graphics processor is 2 times faster.
- iPad 2 is 33% thinner than the original and it’s a little bit lighter too.
- The 3G version will be available on both AT&T and Verizon next week.
- Front-facing VGA camera for video applications and a rear camera that captures 720p HD video.
- HDMI video mirroring so you can plug your iPad into a screen or TV to display what’s on the iPad screen.
- Battery life is still 10 hours.
- SmartCovers – these new covers have magnets that attach automatically to the screen. When you open the case, iPad 2 will wake up, and it will immediately go to sleep when the cover is closed. The cover also folds into a stand for typing or viewing. An added bonus is that it also helps keep the screen clean.
- Finally, with the new iMovie app for iPad, you can shoot, edit, post, and view videos.
The iOS 4.3 software for iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch will also be released next Friday, and will bring:
- Enhancements to AirPlay
- Improved Safari performance.
- Personal hotspot feature to share an iPhone 4 cellular data connection over Wi-Fi.
These are the quick take-aways from today's Apple event - more to come later! Also, we're definitely upgrading to iPad 2 - how about you?