E: firstname.lastname@example.org T: 855-SPARK-00
Linkedin Passwords Compromised
Reports have been surfacing throughout the day that 6.5 million Linkedin passwords have been compromised and posted to a hacker website. Linkedin posted a blog a short while ago that confirms "some of the passwords that were compromised correspond to LinkedIn accounts". They are continuing to investigate, but report that Linkedin members whose passwords have been compromised will find that their password is no longer valid and will receive an email with directions on resetting the password.
If you are concerned about the security of any of your online accounts, The New York Times has offered some quick tips:
- Stop using simple passwords. Use longer passwords that have a mix of characters and are not just a simple word.
- Don't use the same password twice.
- Choose security questions carefully.
- Store your passwords in a safe location.
- Change passwords regularly.